next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope that by now you have all had a great meal (or two), great desserts, and plenty of quality time with your families. I have been quite a slacker keeping up with this journal for the past week possibly because I feel like I've done nothing but travel. I guess it's that time of year right? Last Wednesday, we lost a tough one to VCU at home. We had chances to win but in the end came up 3 points short to a very, very talented VCU team. Thursday morning we got on the bus at 4am headed to the airport to travel to Evansville, IN. We played the Univ. of Evansville on Friday morning...yes, MORNING. It was an 11am game and they filled the gym up with around 1300 screaming school kids. Loud doesn't even begin to describe that atmosphere. If you've seen the website by now, you know that we lost another close game by 9 points. Maybe that's why I've been so slow to write this...I hate to lose...and I think I hate to write about it even more. Anyway, we all got to go home yesterday afternoon for Thanksgiving and the girls who weren't going home are having Thanksgiving at Coach Porter's house. As long as Coach doesn't try to cook, I'm sure that will be a great meal and fun times! I'm going to get back to hanging out with my parents and little brother now...gotta head back to Radford tomorrow morning for practice so my time at home is short. Happy Thanksgiving again and we hope to see you at the Dedmon Center Monday night when we plan to get back on the winning track!

These pictures were taken at the mall in Evansville. The girls had a good time acting like little kids on their carousel ride. I think the ride was cut short because Kelli changed horses while the ride was in motion. I'm sure the rest of the food court got a kick out of watching this!















No comments: