next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

our style

I just had to pry myself away from my new Nintendo Wii. I've been playing against my roommates for the last 3 hours and I am so competitive. I hate to lose at anything...and so do our players. It's so much more fun when we win. Everybody is happy. The bus ride home is awesome...and film session the next day is much more enjoyable. Coach Porter says all of the time when we're watching film that when we win, it doesn't mean we did everything right and when we lose, it doesn't mean we did everything wrong. Last week, we beat Winston-Salem State at their place on Tuesday and we beat a very good Colonial Conference team in William and Mary at home on Friday. (we've made it our goal not to lose at home this season.) Then, we went back on the road over the weekend and lost to Hampton University. If I can be honest, that loss really sucked. However, I think all of us learned something from that game. From our players all the way up to Coach Porter, we all learned that from this point forward, we will play OUR STYLE no matter who we play. We will press teams from the start, play pressure defense in the half court, and run past teams in transition. If you haven't seen us play yet...get ready. We aren't trying to suprise anybody...this is our style and we're ready to impose it on every team left on our schedule.
JRA
p.s. I'll post pictures from Thanksgiving tomorrow!

No comments: