next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vandy P back in Radford


It was a pleasant suprise today when Vandy Pullen walked into our office. Vandy has been home all summer and made it back to Radford today to move into her new apartment. We are very excited to finally have Vandy able to put on a uniform for the Lady Highlanders this year after what seemed like a very long red shirt year for her in 05-06. She took a few minutes to let you guys know what's been going on in her life since last semester.

This summer I have been playing in the Powers summer league. I was in Radford the first part of the summer but got to spend a little time at home. I worked at Footlocker not making that much money but, I got a big discount on shoes. I worked out and improved my game this summer. I'm very excited about the upcoming season. I was a transfer from the Unversity of Maine so I had to red shirt last year. It was hard last year having to sit out and watch so I'm glad I finally get to play and help my team out. This year I am looking forward to traveling with the team and getting to know my teammates a little better. What I am not looking forward to is pre-season workouts. I predict myself passing out a few times. Overall, I am very excited, have alot of nerves, and overwhelmed about this upcoming year.

No comments: