next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm back

I'm back. Ok, so I'm very sorry that it's been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote anything. I haven't done laundry in that same two weeks either so you can imagine how busy and crazy things have been around here with games and recruiting as the season heads into the final week of the regular season. Since I last updated you guys on the season, we got a huge win over High Point that avenged a loss to them earlier in the season. The girls stepped on the floor that night and looked like they had something to prove. That was a fun game to watch and the outcome was a very fun one with us winning by 16. Last weekend, the beach came to us. We beat Charleston Southern on Saturday by 30 something but came up 6 points short to Coastal on Monday night. That loss dropped us out of the first place tie and took our conference record to 8-3 and our overall record to 16-9. When we talked as a team before practice on Wednesday, the thoughts of the girls were all centered on not letting that happen again. That loss may have been good for us (if any loss can be good)...it refocused our team and made us realize that we can be beaten if we don't play a complete game. Coastal wanted that game more than us on Monday night and they came onto our floor and got the job done. I think that game got our attention...and we will be ready to leave it all on the floor when we head down to Birmingham Southern this weekend. Yeah, that's right...we're going to Alabama in the morning...the best place in the world (just in case some of you didn't know). I look forward to seeing all of my family and friends and coming back with conference win number 9!
JRA
Coach and E.J. discussing the game plan...I absolutely love this picture of them!

No comments: