next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Monday, January 28, 2008

Corrie Fertitta - all conference post player and intern

Corrie Fertitta gets it done on the court as well as in the office. She started an internship in our office last week and is doing a great job so far. What else would you expect? Hopefully since she will be around the office more often now, I can convince her to write about her last trip through the Big South Conference and our run for a conference title!


Hello Friends! We have just started conference play and its going pretty well so far. We are 2-1 in conference right now and just beat High Point on Saturday. It was a good win. Kelli had an awesome game with 20 points and 15 rebounds, and I can’t wait to get back on the floor on Saturday and play UNC Asheville. We have all week to prepare which is good so we can really focus on what we need to do to get another “W.”
Today I’m starting my second week in the coaches’ office doing my internship with them. I wanted to do my internship with Coach Porter because I wanted to see what goes on behind the scenes as a coach. You always see how practices and games go, but never what has to happen on the business side of things. This will be a good experience for me because I want to be a coach in the future and it will help show me how to deal with things and if it really is something I would like. As for my job, I just do whatever any of the coaches need or want me to do. Last week I made some flyers for our game on Saturday and went around campus posting them up trying to get more support from our student body. I think my flyers worked, because we had a lot more people at the game then normal on Saturday! Yes! So far, it’s really fun in the office and I truly enjoying getting to spend time with all the coaches!

Corrie #20

No comments: