next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

LONG road trip

Yes, we are STILL on the road. We are in our 3rd hotel and 3rd city in the last 5 days and we've still got one more day and one more very important conference game to play before we head back to Radford. Our trip started last Wednesday and is finally ending up tomorrow night with our game vs Charleston Southern. Yesterday, we got a big win over Coastal Carolina and got our conference season started off the right way. Our starters were great (as always!) and our bench came up really big for us. KP, Kymesha, and Denay had great games! Again, our defense was a major factor in the win and I hope that win is the first of many in Big South Conference play. Road trips aren't really all that bad when I think about it. Right now, I am sooooo full because we ate dinner at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. The food was amazing and I think we all left with to-go boxes. It's awesome to get to eat at a great place like that and get the chance to laugh and joke with our team for the whole night. I think our group had more fun than anybody else in the whole restaurant (especially when the guy with the drums came out). I won't name any names but a few of our players were dancing on their chairs during Coach Porter's birthday song! I caught some of it on my camera and I promise to upload the video as soon as we get home. Our players aren't shy at all! Well, I'm off to bed now in my king size bed (another perk of being on the road!) since we have to wake up early for shoot around in the morning. We're back at home next Saturday vs High Point and we'd love to get a home crowd advantage. These crowds on the road can be so brutal! Wish us luck tomorrow night...Go Lady Highs!
JRA
Kelli scored her 1000th career point Thursday night vs. Longwood and became our 2nd senior to reach that mark this season. She is also currently the leading shot blocker in the Big South and ranked in the top 15 nationally for blocked shots. Congratulations to Kelli D!

No comments: