next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hello from Coach T

Greetings all you Highlander fans and hopefuls! My name is Corey Thomaston and I am one of the other assistant coaches. I am heading into my fifth season as an assistant here at RU and my seventh season overall with Coach Porter. We have been together since she was at the University of North Alabama.
I completed both my graduate work (’02) and my undergraduate work (’99) at the University of North Alabama. I originally went to school to become a sports broadcaster and received my B.S. in Communication. The opportunity to coach came along and that is how I ended up here after receiving my M.A. in Health and Physical Education.
My wife Bevin and I just celebrated our third wedding anniversary on May 31st. We currently have two dogs and are expecting our first child (a boy) in early September! We are very excited about that. We had another doctor’s appointment today and everything looks good so far. We are now to the point where we are meeting with the doc every two weeks. We have another appointment in two weeks and should get to do an ultrasound there to weigh him and all that fun stuff.
I have been involved with a lot of different aspects here over the past four seasons. I worked with the guards for three seasons and will now be working with post players for a second straight season.
We are really excited about July and getting out on the road. We will be traveling as far west as Oregon, south to Louisiana, and north to Pennsylvania. We will see a lot of talented young ballplayers. This is one of the best times of the summer and we look forward to it each year.
If any of you need anything, do not hesitate to give us a call or shoot me an email cmthomast@radford.edu.

Take care,

Coach T

No comments: