next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Friday, June 02, 2006

Question and Answer with Johnette Walker


For those of you who saw freshman point guard Johnette Walker play last season, you can understand how excited we are to have her in a Radford uniform for 3 more years. Johnette is around Radford this summer getting ahead on her academics, but everytime we look up, JW is in the gym working on her game. It is very encouraging for us to have such a talented player who is as devoted to improving herself as Johnette is. Yesterday, I caught up with Johnette and convinced her to answer a few questions for me. I will most likely owe her dinner for helping me out!

1. Describe yourself on the court.
I'm really not good at describing myself, but I would say that on the court I am determined
and hard working.

2. Describe your coaches.
good motivator, personable, helpful, persistent, dependable, honest, relates well with us

3. What is your favorite thing about Radford?
My favorite thing about Radford is the people. The people are very unique and very
interesting.

4. What are you doing this summer outside of basketball?
I work at the Dedmon Center and I am currently attending summer school. I will also be
back later this summer for one more session of summer school.

5. How are your workouts going this summer?
My workouts are coming along pretty good. My new slogan is "Champions are made
when no one is looking." I'm officially a gym rat and proud of it.

6. What do you do for fun with your teammates?
My teammates are very fun too be around and they have made my first year in college
great. I enjoy hanging out with my teammates. We go bowling, play pick up, and mainly I
just enjoy laughing with my teammates.

7. Have you decided on a major yet? What will you do with your degree after
your days at RU?
ESHE major (exercise sports and health education) with a minor in coaching and teaching.
With my degree, I hope too one day become a GREAT Coach.

Keep checking in for more postings by current RU players. I promise to do a better job updating this more often now that I'm back from my vacation.

JRA

No comments: