next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Friday, June 23, 2006

Q & A with Corrie Fertitta

Two down, two to go. Junior post player Corrie Fertitta is half way through her college career and we feel like the best is yet to come. Corrie sets a great example for her teammates in the offseason by always going hard in pre/post season workouts and coming back from her summer break looking game ready. Coach Porter often says that Corrie doesn't smile until October every year because Corrie has gained a reputation of being the player on our team who dislikes preseason workouts and early morning practices more than anyone. Corrie has been at home in Roanoke since finals in May and we wish she'd visit us but we know she loves her family and loves being at home. We'll catch up with her in August and I know she'll be ready to go for her junior season in hopes of taking RU Women's Hoops to the next level. Corrie recently emailed me and answered a few questions:


1. Tell us about yourself. My name is Corrie Fertitta, from Roanoke, VA. I am a Junior forward, majoring in Exercise Sports and Health Education. I plan to use my degree to teach and coach at the high school level or try and work with youth either as a counselor or at a youth center.


2. What are you doing this summer? This summer I'm working as a softball umpire for the Roanoke Rec. Club. For workouts I've been going to my sisters aau practices and working out with the team. Also I'm going to start playing pick up with the Virginia Western and Roanoke College teams as soon as they start up.

3. What do you do for fun outside of basketball? During the summer I love going to the pool and getting a tan. Also I like getting to hang out with my brother, sister and friends that i haven't seen during the school year.


4. What is your favorite thing about Radford? About campus? About our team? I like Radford because its such as beautiful place. The campus grounds are kept so nice and its just beautiful all year round. About the team, I love'em!! Everybody gets along and we have such great times!! Also, its like having a family away from home.


5. What are the best parts about road trips? I'd have to say We Eat Great! We go to some awesome places to eat! Also we get to miss class so thats always a plus to me!


6. Tell a funny story or something interesting about one of your teammates. I can't really think of one right now but i'll get back to you on that one.

No comments: