next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Friday, September 14, 2007

Go Jamaica!

I am leaving in a few days to go to Jamaica for training camp to prepare for the Fiba Americas competition in Chile. This is the first time an English Caribbean team has ever competed in the Fiba Americas tournament. Jamaica's Women's Basketball team has made history and I am very proud to be a part of that.
I retired from the WNBA in 2006 after playing for the Seattle Storm for six years. Ann Donavan is the coach of the Seattle Storm and also the present coach of the USA women's basketball team. Sue Bird is my former teammate from the Seattle Storm and also the starting point gaurd for the USA national team. Iziana Castro is also a former teammate of mine and a member of the Seattle Storm and Brazilian national team. I am very excited about seeing my friends who are all competing for their countries. The only problem is that Jamaica is in the same bracket with the USA, Canada, and Cuba. How could they put little Jamaica with all the power houses? Don't forget the bobsled team. We are a small country but we are very passionate about competing. We compete for the pride of our country. "Out of many we are one."
Coach Edwards

*Coach Edwards will leave RU next Tuesday for the next 2 weeks but she has promised to email updates and pictures from her travels and her games. I will post her stats if I can find them online anywhere once the tournament begins. I hear she's pretty good! Keep checking our journal to follow the Coach Edwards and the Jamaican National Basketball Team!
JRA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring me back some espresso!