next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kelli D


The D in her name stands for defense. Well, not really but Kelli D has become known in practice and around the league as a big time shot blocker in the middle for the Lady Highs. Our highlight tape proves over and over and over that it is next to impossible to score over Kelli D. Last season, Kelli moved into 3rd overall on the all time list for career blocks with 110. She needs 31 to break the overall record. Her 57 blocks last season were the third highest total recorded in a season at RU. This is what Kelli had to say today about how her workouts are going.

School and basketball have once begun for me and my teamates here at Radford University. Our workout schedule is pretty much the same as last year. We have weights, pool workouts, circuits, individuals, our 6 am workouts and all that good stuff. Since this is my junior year, I kind of knew what to expect. Even though it hasn't been easy, these past few weeks have flown by for me. I've been pleased with my teamates efforts these past two weeks and I'm excited for what the season has in store for us. I'm really excited to see Coach Pulliam in action. He's our newest coach and he seems like a really great coach. Playing a sport in college sure does help the time fly and it gave me a chance to have a family away from college. My coaches and teammates are so different and I love them all to death. Anyway, I know that this will be a great year and I hope everyone can get some time to come out to support us.

No comments: