next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Monday, September 11, 2006

Serena White answers a few questions



My name is Serena White and I'm from Durham County, North Carolina. Don't get it confused with Raleigh or Cary because that's not where I'm from. I played at Cardinal Gibbons High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. It's a private, Catholic school which focuses on catholic education and preparing students for college. Although I'm not Catholic, it was a good experience for me and I appreciate how well they prepared me for college here at Radford. My major here at Radford is criminal justice. I just recently switched from exercise, sport, and health education major. I really love my criminal justice classes and I'm glad I switched my major. Hopefully after I graduate, I'll either attend law school or graduate school, depending on what I decide as my career.

I chose to come to Radford to play basketball because when I visited the campus, coaches, and players, I felt like they were genuinely interested in not only me as player, but me as a person as well. I think that's the most important thing to remember when being recruited and visiting colleges; you're at college to get an education first, and to play basketball second. The campus is beautiful and definitely helped sway my decision to attend Radford.

My favorite thing about Radford is the actual town of Radford. It's a small town feel to it, which reminds me of back home, however, you can always find something to do in Radford. So, I guess you get the best of both worlds.

Kelli is probably one of my favorite teammates. I spend more time with her than anyone else on the team. There are alot of stories about Kelli and I that I would love to share but some are inappropriate to write on the blog. Also, most of them are inside jokes between us and wouldn't make sense to anyone else. Kelli and I do have alot of fun times though.

I asked my roommate this question and this is what she said. Most people dont know this about Serena but?...... She has a 5 foot dog. I think 5 foot is kinda an understatement. When he stands up on my shoulders he's a little bit taller than me and I'm 5'9". I have a German Shepard named Buddy who lives back at home with my parents. The hardest part about coming to college was leaving my friends and family behind, but I think the person I miss the most is my dog. He's the best dog anyone could ask for.

No comments: