next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Monday, October 16, 2006

Practice Time

Hello Again. Let me first apologize for not posting a journal entry since last Tuesday. I had knee surgery on Thursday and had big plans of getting some work done at home on Friday, but that never happened. Here's a quick update of what's been going on in our world over the past week: We had our last team workout of preseason on Thursday night and the intensity level was as high as it had been throughout the entire preseason. Friday night marked the first day of official practice and the Lady Highs got it all kicked off with an intersquad scrimmage game. I found myself in an unfamiliar position watching the game from the stands and not being very involved since I had been sidelined for a few days after surgery. Being on that side of things allowed me to see our team from a different perspective and watch as more of a fan than a coach. It was fun for a scrimmage game but I wouldn't want to do that on a regular basis! I like to coach too much to be sitting in the stands! As some of you may have noticed, the countdown has now changed and is now counting down to our first game. Hopefully the countdown builds excitement, but that brings me to another quick story. At the beginning and end of practice, we always circle up at half court to talk about practice and announcements. Coach Porter had this quote for the players this week as we talk about counting down until the next big day in Radford Hoops: She said, "Don't count the days. Make the days count." I thought that was a great statement for the team to hear at this point in the season. Yes, we were counting down until practice and now we're counting down to our first game, but we have to make every day at practice count for something. Right now, the 06-07 Lady Highs are working hard 6 days a week to prepare and get better in hopes of making this season a very exciting one for you all to watch. If at any time you have words of encouragement for the team, please feel free to post them here or email me. I'll make sure your well wishes are relayed to the girls.

I promise to write again in a few days.

JRA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww boo boo... r u doing okay? Just make sure you don't hurt yourself trying to get healthy. As for the girls... go Lady Highs.