next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Preseason Is OVER!

Yes that's right. Preseason is over! I know I am not half as excited as the girls are about this fact, but I am very glad to finally be only days away from being on the court. Overall, I would say this preseason was a huge success. The girls have worked so hard and I can't wait to see it all pay off for them. I know they all think I'm a crazy maniac when it comes to planning their running and circuit training but I hope they realize that we only push them because we know just how great they can be. I am probably not the best motivator as far as the things I can say to them, but that's just not my style. I want to push them to what they think their limits are and ask them to do things that they thought they weren't capable of and then just smile when they find out they've got a little bit left in the tank and they can actually make it through the workout. If they learned how much they can depend on each other, how their teammates are willing to pick them up and drag them across the line, and how much we need each one of them to bring it every night over the past 6 weeks, then yes...preseason was a huge success. When this group of young ladies all come together, they are something great...something RU hasn't seen in a long time. This team can do something special this year if they put their mind to it...and if preseason has been any indication, they are on the right path.
Watch the countdown at the top of the blog...we do this for real on Friday night!

JRA

Congrats to Sarah, Shavon, and Tameisha on today being the LAST preseason workout they will ever have to endure!

No comments: