next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

are we there yet?

Hello again RU fans! Not much going on worth writing about in the last few days in our world except that we've been having some great practices. I've been really impressed with our team's ability to bring 100% to the floor just about every day. Now, don't get me wrong. We have had a day or two that I've left the gym wondering what the heck they were doing and where they left their brains that day, but it's seriously only been maybe once or twice since practice began. It's 2 weeks and 2 days until we open up against TCU and the closer it gets, the slower the time is passing. It's almost like a long road trip in the car and I'm that little kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet?" I sat down at my computer earlier today and started on our trip itinerary for that trip and got even more excited than I already was. It just seems like when I start checking over our flight info and hotel stuff and practice times in Texas that the game is getting really close! We passed out all of the travel gear and bags to the team last week so they are ready to hit the road looking good. It feels like an early Christmas present to the girls and my office looks like an Adidas warehouse on days like that! We play a scrimmage game next Saturday at home and hopefully all of the first game jitters and nervous energy will all come out so we are ready to just relax and play on November 9th. Ok, time for me to get back to work. Keep checking back for a few updates from our players. They are supposed to be emailing me some things to post.
JRA

No comments: