next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Monday, October 01, 2007

Coach Edwards - Saturday, September 29th


Our loss to Cuba was a hard loss. We only lost by 14 points (76-62) and that shocked EVERYONE. We forced them to keep their starters in longer than they wanted. I had 18 points and eight rebounds for the game. Today, we go up against Chile. They have the home crowd in their pocket. The gym is always packed when the home team plays and they play off the energy of their fans.
I am still struggling with trying to sleep on the bed here in my two star hotel. I was actually awake at 7:30 this morning just to get out of the bed. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't voluntarily get out of bed at 7:30 any morning. My assistant coach suggested I put my mattress on the floor like he did. To add insult to this pain, each US player has a room to themselves with two queen beds in it.
It was nice to see my former teammate, Sue Bird, again. I hope to have more photos in my next blog. I brought my own computer but it is having a hard time connecting to the internet.
Coach Edwards



No comments: