next season starts November 7th...R U Ready?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kymesha Alston #23 - Sophomore post player...and the life of the party!

A few words from Kymesha:
I love it here at my new school. Last semester I was just getting the hang of things but now I finally feel like i'm in "the loop". I feel like practices are going well for the most part. So far my favorite thing about practices are the drills that we do when we get to go up and down the floor in game like situations. There really is nothing that I dislike about practices except maybe the running, but that's nothing out of control. I love the energy that all the coaches bring to our practices everyday because we, the players, tend to feed off of it which in the end leads to a good practice. If I could coach practice for one day I would do less breakdown defensive drills, but incorporate them in more real game situations...because it easier to do it right in a drill than in a game. I would make a rule that every missed layup the team will run a down and back and the person who missed would do 10 pushups. If its a missed layup in a drill then it would be a line a layup, like down and back would be 2 instead of 1.

Because I have late classes and my only early class is online now, a typical day for me would be wake up at 10ish, breakfast, class, one life to live, training room, practice/dinner or dinner/practice, then "me" time. Me time could be me getting some work done or just simply relaxing and/or hanging out. This is just some input on how my semester is going so far.


Thanks to Kymesha for taking the time to send this to me so you guys can get to know her a little better. Since Kymesha transferred to RU last winter, she has to sit out this semester. Her first official game as a Lady Highlander will be on December 16th at Wake Forest University. We are all looking forward to the day when she can finally put on an RU uniform!

JRA

No comments: